For Bible we will be using
- The Bible (ESV or NASB)
- The Gospel Story Bible written by Marty Machowski, our family has been disappointed by most story bibles by the lack of truth that they have. And we found our selves having to change the stories as we were reading and just don't enjoy doing that. This one had some recommendations and endorsements from some people we respect, once we read through it I will post a review of it, but for now I can't give my opinion.
- Rod and staff: Preparing to build, the 2nd grade text
- Math u See by Steve Deme: Beta ( we used the alpha this past year and it went well so were staying with it)
- The Story of the World by Susan Wise Bauer
- Apologia Elementary Botany
for reading he starts his day by reading one page of his Bible and then we will begin reading for 20 minutes a day from a book of our choosing.
This is our plan as of now, I will update as this changes and let you know how he does with our choices. I know that this looks like a lot but it shouldn't take him more than a few hours to complete a day. I will soon write a post of what our schedule looks like after we get into our new curriculum in a week or so.